A question about a recipe: Mussels Dijonnaise (Steamed Mussels with Mustard Sauce)

8d62a487 bd0f 49c3 b6b1 8c1e8df266ec  2014 0325 finalist mussels dijonnaise 028

I have a question about the recipe "Mussels Dijonnaise (Steamed Mussels with Mustard Sauce)" from ChefJune. This recipe calls for 3 quarts of mussels. How many lbs would that be? Thanks!

asked by juliawilde over 4 years ago

former Community Editor

Most conversions I've seen say that 1 quart of mussels weighs between 1 and 1.5 pounds, so I'd probably go with around 4 pounds.

juliawilde

Thanks Lindsay-Jean! I'll just note that I used 2lbs for the recipe and the ratio was perfect for a sauce lover, though only (over) fed two.

I use 2 2-pound bags to serve 4. These days mussels seem to mostly come that way.