Using potassium citrate in cooking

I would like to use potassium citrate in a creamy spinach dip to make it creamier. How much do I use if I am going to use about a cup of sour cream and a cup of cream cheese?

Lindsay-Jean Hard April 16, 2014

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer to this yet. Did you go ahead and add it to your dip? How did it turn out?

Chef Sasha
Chef Sasha April 16, 2014

I did...but I didn't really know what I was doing. I added two teaspoons to some warm water. and then mixed in the sauce. After it cooled it had a pudding skin and it seemed to have a little bit of a jello texture but it instantly broke after I stirred it once. I would call it a complete failure. But! thanks for asking.

Chef Sasha
Chef Sasha April 16, 2014

Wow, I was about 24 hours too late....check out what's on the modernist cuisine front page this morning: http://modernistcuisine.com/2012/10/melty-cheese/

Lindsay-Jean Hard April 16, 2014

Well...perfect timing for round 2? Please report back if you give it another go!

Chef Sasha
Chef Sasha April 16, 2014

I could still use some help from a human, that recipe is more for turning gruyere style cheeses into velveeta. I am using sour cream and cream cheese, but i'll keep you posted with any experiments I do