The pie emoji is coming! Hear how we helped change history. »

Can you recommend a good website to help write a cookbook?

Can you recommend a good website to help write a cookbook? I want to do a hardcopy, not ebook. It is a very small book with just a few recipes not to be published for the public, but as a gift to a family I have cooked for.... I want to add a few photos and want it to be more upscale.

asked by Chefdelmar almost 3 years ago

It's not a website, but a great place to start would be "The Recipe Writer's Handbook" by Barbara Gibbs Ostmann. Writing a followable recipe is more than a notion, and there definitely is a right and a wrong way to do it. Are you aware of the costs of doing a book like the one you are envisioning?

I'm looking for more of a easy to use, well done template to drop recipes and photos into.... hit send and have the copies sent to me.

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

Amazon has a company that can help you publish a cookbook. It's called Createspace. www.createspace.com/pub...
It's very reasonbly priced and you can see samples of other self-published cookbooks done through this comapny

tastebook.com
Can store your recipes and make a cookbook out of them. I haven't made a book but a few friends have, some as gifts and love the books.

I have done two books with Fundcraft.com. They had an online program and multiple templates. Custom dividers and pictures add to the cost but they both looked good!