Lace cookies stuck to parchment paper.

I made florentine lace cookies and mistakenly placed them on the dull side of parchment paper. The paper is stuck to the cookies. Any tricks to remo

• Posted by: ntt2
  • May 5, 2014

Monita May 5, 2014

If you have a small offset spatula you can try gently sliding the offset underneath the cookies to lift them off

ntt2
ntt2 May 5, 2014

I did that but each cookie still has the paper stuck t the middle of the cookies.

Monita May 5, 2014

Try sticking one in the freezer for 15 min and see if the paper will pull off once cold. Not sure how this will affect these cookies but that method sometimes works for other kinds

Voted the Best Reply!

mrslarkin May 5, 2014

I've also heard that you can put the cookie sheet back into the hot oven for a teeny bit to soften them again. Dont let the cookies cool too much on the parchment when theyre out of the oven. Good luck!

Linda Maloney
Linda Maloney November 22, 2018

Easy solution....Boil water in large pot. Cover it with cookie/baking sheet. Be careful cookie sheet will get hot. Put lace cookies stuck on parchment right on heated cookie sheet. Wait for them to heat up slightly and then start pulling them off the paper. This works really well. I thought we had to throw away the 3 batches of cookies. It was my boyfriend who came up with this solution. Thanks Babe!