🔕 🔔

Paleo Pavlova?

Can I use coconut sugar (or raw honey) to make meringues?? and an alternative to cornstarch (tapioca flour?). I never thought I'd ask this! I want to accommodate a friend (who incidentally has never demanded anything when invited, but I've recently learned about this preference...so, please work with me here!). -creamtea

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

You can substitute with coconut sugar but the meringues will be browner in color and have a slightly different taste than traditional meringues. I wouldn't use raw honey. You can also sub the cornstarch with tapioca flour.

A7a749b7 45d0 4a80 a8a6 5a1f7e681bf6  image

You could use arrow root powder in place of cornstarch too. Hope it turns out!

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

They're in the oven...don't know if I'll be doing this again. I tasted the raw meringue (I know, I know...raw eggs) and I didn't really like it. I don't know if they'll go over with the other guests. Tomorrow, pan of standard brownies....