A question about a recipe: Scallion and Coconut Rice with Pork

A14af594 92f8 4954 8c76 e902b7e264dd  finalist pork rice food52 mark weinberg 14 05 06 0415

I have a question about the recipe "Scallion and Coconut Rice with Pork " from gingerroot. How would this dish do if it were prepared ahead of time?

asked by Kristen Marie S. over 4 years ago

ATG117

I'm personally not a fan of rice dishes prepared ahead of time, but I would prep the components (minus the rice) ahead of time.

gingerroot

Hi Kristin,
How far in advance are you thinking? I think that any amount of time that will require refrigeration before serving will result in a loss of texture in the rice. I agree with ATG117 that you could prep just about all the components in advance (including scallions - after allowing to drain and cool on a paper towel, store in an airtight container on the counter - I've done this with other alliums) leaving just the actual cooking time for the rice .