🔕 🔔

What do I do? lots of recipes call for using the whip attachment on a stand mixer. My stand mixer is old and doesn't have a whip.

asked by Gibbie over 3 years ago

Is your stand mixer a Kitchenaid? If so, contact them with your model number, and you can probably purchase a whisk for it. Otherwise, there is always arm power. If you go that route, get yourself a balloon whisk (unconnected) with as many wires as possible and an unlined copper bowl. That makes the whipping much easier.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

I agree with Halfpint ... I have a number of whisks, and I can do egg whites or heavy cream with my "balloon" whisk and copper bowl faster than a machine.
And yes, my right arm is like Popeye's !

Thank all of you for your responses. I am going to see what Kitchen Aid has to say.