Great food in Rochester/Buffalo/Niagara area?

My friend is visiting Rochester, buffalo, and the Canadian side of Niagara this weekend asked for recommendations. Do you guys have any? Any genre, any cost. Thank you so much!

Anna Hezel
Anna Hezel May 14, 2014

Here's my Buffalo list:
- Rue Franklin: For a really nice meal. French-inspired, but also modern and seasonal.
- Blue Monk: For great pub food and an admirable beer selection
- Schwabl's: For a seriously old-timey Buffalo experience; waitresses in uniforms, beef on 'weck (this is a Buffalo food staple), Tom and Jerrys
- Anchor Bar: For the Buffalo wings
- Paula's Donuts: Buffalo's version of Peter Pan Donuts.

thirschfeld
thirschfeld May 14, 2014

Go to the Canadian side and go to Inniskillen and do a tasting of one of the best dessert wines in the world!

arielleclementine
arielleclementine May 14, 2014

thank you both so much! these are all fabulous suggestions! i have personally been wanting to go to schwabl's since it was profiled on a PBS show called "sandwiches that you will like" 15 or something years ago. one day!

sexyLAMBCHOPx May 17, 2014

I would call Schwabi's to make sure they're open for business. A car hit their building and for now temporally closed.

Bevi
Bevi May 15, 2014

There is always Dinosaur BBQ in Rochester.

Dave on the grill
Dave on the grill May 16, 2014

Remember, the Finger Lakes wine region is only an hour away and one of the top wine regions in the country. Always a good day trip from Rochester, and Skaneateles is a great little town to hob nob with the occasional celebrity.

FoodIsLove
FoodIsLove May 17, 2014

In Rochester, try 2 Vine for upscale dining, Jines on Park Avenue for more casual fare and for a real Rochester experience, try Nick Tahoe's for a garbage plate.

arielleclementine
arielleclementine May 19, 2014

thank you all so much for the great tips! they all sound amazing!