🔕 🔔

How do I store my infused olive oils ?

Okie oil infusions

asked by Sharon about 3 years ago

52c853fe 5d83 4c75 8a5e b2f1141e8615  stringio

What I usually do when I have extra infused olive oil on hand, is take a clean ice cube tray and fill it up with the oil, to freeze. This way it'll last basically forever AND you will have pre-portioned little cubes of frozen oil for cooking, that will easily melt when added to a recipe :)

75544bad 2d81 4051 8a52 4e9fe03e2f0f  img 5811.jpg

Is it homemade? Homemade infused olive oil has a rather short shelf life. If it is purchased from a high quality distributor, such as Veronica Foods, it has a shelf life of 14 months from the crush date, though using it within 6 months is recommended.

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

I usually buy small bottles as and when needed, and store them in a dark cabinet (never had one beyond a 6 weeks), the flavor is still good by the time it gets finished