🔕 🔔

DIY lemon infused olive oil

I am trying to infuse olive oil with lemon as gifts. I dried lemon peels for 24 hours before adding to the oil (even putting them in a cooling oven to ensure there was no moisture left), and I've kept the bottle sealed and in a dry, dark room for the last week and a half. Today I noticed that the oil is much darker than it was when I sealed it. It smells ok, but I'm beginning to lose my confidence. Is it still safe to use?

asked by KCPittsburgher almost 3 years ago

don't know the answer but you might check Michael Chiarello's book on Flavored Oils and Vinegars (he launched award-winning Consorzio line of infused olive oils in 1980s).