Shuna Lydon
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

I agree with Boulangere. Also - puff pastry is best when baked straight from freezer into a super hot oven - at least 375F. Color is flavor and crunch when it comes to puff. It's important to wait to open the oven door until the puffing magic has taken place, and the pastry is "set" with color. I like to cool my puff pastry projects on a cooling rack so they don't steam on the bottom. But if it's humid in your kitchen, or has been raining for days, even properly baked puff pastry will wilt. All pastries attract moisture, but few suffer as much as laminated doughs. Best of luck next time!