🔕 🔔

Can Rose oil be used in cooking?

I bought pure rose oil in Bulgaria to use in baking and now I see a warning that it's not to be used internally. I want to make rose leaf cookies. The shopkeeper in Bulgaria said use 1 drop. What is the worst that can happen.

asked by Judith Mediatore about 3 years ago

Oils, or any substance for that matter, which is not food safe must be labeled Non GRAS - not generally regarded as safe. In this country, at least. You were right to question the rose oil. At least you likely aren't out a significant investment.

:) :) Guys, you sounds really funny about the rose oil. I do not know what exactly you've bought, but if it's organic, that mean you will never have any problems. I've drunk a lot of the Bulgarian Rose water, becouse it is good for million things in my body. I use it a lot for cooking and cocktails making, so do not worry to use it in whatever you feel. You can read here about the health and Pharmacological Effects of the famous Bulgarian Rosa Damascena: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih...