Your personal shoppers, leaving home not required. Shop gift guides »
🔕 🔔

griddle question

I mostly use my griddle for making pancakes. I had a thin non stick griddle for years and it seemed to work fine for evenly cooking my pancakes. I moved a couple of years ago and my griddle warped in the move. I replaced it with this product: http://www.amazon.com/Calphalon...
It's cheap too, but very heavy cast iron. I've been trying to make it work for 2 years now. No matter how long I preheat for and how often I adjust the burners (gas) my pancakes don't cook evenly. I can't find a way to make the heat even across the griddle. Does anyone either have suggestions for a favorite griddle pan or suggestions for how to make this one work better?

asked by erinbdm over 2 years ago
1565f479 4f6b 4904 9d5b 69a558c4c4ce  img 3032

My cast iron doesn't heat evenly either - there are always hot and cool spots. But: I know where they are, and move my good on and off of them accordingly. I don't there there is a way to make it heat evenly. But you can still make sure your food cooks evenly.

An inexpensive, electric griddle works like a charm (and weighs a lot less). Give a cook friend your cast iron one, treat yourself to a new electric one and start enjoying pancakes and other goodies again.

820467dc d1b2 4071 ae7b d918a3648548  image

I agree.. My electric griddle has lasted for years and is a brand no longer made, but they heat evenly and allow you to turn out a lot of perfect
Pancakes at once . Your friends and family are not left waiting , forks in the air for the next pancake.