Favorite baguettes in New York City

Anyone have a favorite bakery to buy baguettes from?

asked by ariel a over 4 years ago

See this blog post. All three stores mentioned have great baguettes
http://nyculinaryfinds.wordpress.com/2013/01/28/by-bread-alone/

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

My favorite is from Almondine Bakery in Dumbo

Liza's Kitchen NYC

My absolute favorite is from Eric Kayser . They make the traditional baguette, epi, and an amazing seeded one that is to die for. Very reasonably priced also.

cookinginvictoria

I was in New York City a few weeks ago, and I loved the baked goods and baguettes at Breads Bakery, located near Union Square. http://www.breadsbakery.com/

On the Upper West Side, Levain on West 74 and Soutine on West 70. Or just go to Fairway.

Megs

Balthazar is the most authentic you'll find in these parts.

Kenzi Wilbur

Runner and Stone! You'll have to hike to Brooklyn, but it's worth it. Also try Bien Cuit (for things other than baguette).

Jan Weber

Actually Bien Cuit makes great baguettes too, but their other breads are really special.

irina

Balthazar!!!

honeybea

I used to love Balthazar's baguette until Breads Bakery opened near Union Square. It is in my neighborhood and sometimes I can get it still warm.