i messed up my cookie batter

i melted butter the one cup of butter the recipe called for, and added it to my batter, now my batter is really runny, is there anyway to save my cookies? help!

asked by joey Woerner almost 4 years ago

jonakocht

Finish making the dough, then refrigerate it till the butter solidifies.

Can you tell us what kind of cookies you were making? That would help us give you a helpful answer.

Nicole Rowland

Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes and bake off a test cookie. If the cookie doesn't turn out then press into a baking dish and turn it into a cookie bar/blondie.

Yianna

There are many recipes out there that actually call for melted butter in the cookies - it tends to increase the chewiness and improves overall texture, preventing cake-y like cookies. I know it is a bit late now but for next time, it should be just fine if you refrigerate the cookie dough overnight and bake it the next day, using a cookie scoop to divide the dough.