How long will a cracked egg last in the refrigerator

Used yokes of eggs and held whites for 2 days to use in scrambled eggs

asked by Marilyn over 4 years ago

In my experience, you are fine. I saved a couple of whites for 3-4 days, mixed in some whole eggs and made a frittata. We are all here to tell the story. :0)

Whole (cracked) eggs and egg whites will last longer then yolks alone because both contain more water than the yolks. Covered with plastic, you're fine for 4 to 5 days.

than, not then!

Dina

Whites should be totally fine. I've read macaron recipes where the egg whites are "aged" for up to two weeks before using, so as long as they look and smell fine you should be good.