Hey PicklePals - I am heading to the store in a few ... need help - how many mini loafs does 1 full loaf (Mrs larkins Christmas Pumpkin Bread) recipe make? I want to add minis to gift bags. And I guess I need to reduce the cook time too huh?

QueenOfGreen

Being the math girl, I'd calculate based purely on volume. A 9x5 loaf pan, assuming about a 4-inch high bread would be 180 cubic inches. Depending on the size of your mini loaf pans, work the math backwards. Roughly 180 divided by (L x W x H of mini loaves) = number of mini loaves. Does that help?!

My degree is in Elizabethan Literature - math? Ack! OK - my minis hold a cup and a half and my loaf pan is six so I think .... 4 minis per recipe? Can I just say I have not even balanced my check book since the early 90's and that was really hard? :-) Thanks!!!!

You'll probably want to reduce the baking time, too--the full recipe takes 90 minutes, so if, for example you're making 4 mini-loaves, you'll want to start checking at about 20 minutes. I've made it, too--isn't it great? You can also let your nose be your guide. When you can start smelling the great baking and spice smells is when you want to start checking, too.

aussiefoodie

Just a word of warning - when I baked the loaf, it cooked in about 1 hour 5 minutes - so make sure you check the mini-loaves early. I love the Mrs Larkin's pumpkin bread!

Abbie, please let us know how it turns out!

Hi aargersi!! Sorry I've been out all day - I use 3" x 6" mini loaf pans.

My mini pans hold between 1 3/4 cup to 2 cups of liquid (to the rim).

When I make a giant batch of 3 loaves, I often split the batter into 7 mini loaf pans. This will get you nice, chubby, roughly 12 ounce baked loaves. I bake these little guys at the same temperature for about an hour, checking that a cake tester comes out clean. Don't forget to spray your mini pans with cooking spray.

Hope that helps!

nannydeb

Ok, doubting Abbie, my advise was 4 loaves! Of course, I didn't use math or any scientific method, just pulled that out of......thin air...

Ack, realize I did not directly answer yer question. I'd do 3 minis, since your mini pans sound smaller than my mini pans. Start checking around 45 min, but remember yer lookin 4 clean cake tester. Good luck!!!! Let us know how it goes.

But u do 4 if you want. No pressur! They won't be as chubby, but still yummy I suspect. Not sure of bake time - check @ 20 like dr b says & go from there.

But I have a feeling you're done b aking & I'm too late.

I'm making this pumpkin bread for my boys! The second of the two will be home tomorrow night. I usually make banana bread for him, of which he'll eat about 1/2 a large (Tassajara Bread Book recipe) loaf before his suitcase has even been taken upstairs. I have quite a bit of pumpkin puree in my freezer. He is going to love it!! (As will everyone else.) Love the idea of baking minis, after the boys have gone back to college in January, as the stuff doesn't (or shouldn't!!) disappear quite as quickly when they're not here. ;o).