How do I store a cake with buttercream frosting on the outside and cream cheese filling on the inside?

I am making mini pumpkin cakes, which is the first recipe when you look it up, and I'm not sure how to store it overnight.

asked by Kaitlyn716 28 days ago

Maybe you put into a plastic storage container (a long, flat rectangular box, basically) and then refrigerate. Bring to room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.

In the refrigerator as is. There is no need to cover it with anything, which would only mess up the icing, because the cake is encased in icing.

Cynthia - I like your point about not needing to cover the frosting, but/and wonder about the possibility the (uncovered) cake might absorb (uncompatible) odors from other food in the fridge. Opinion? Nancy