A question about a recipe: My New Favorite Zucchini Bread

53e21946 4fcc 431e 9080 ae1dd6061c16  zucc bread loaf

I have a question about the recipe "My New Favorite Zucchini Bread" from Dabblings. I'd like to make a savory version of this bread that yields only one loaf. Could I simply eliminate the sugar and cut all other ingredients in half?

asked by chez danisse about 4 years ago

Dabblings

I would assume you could but since I've never tried it I have no idea how it would turn out. You might still need to use a little sugar.

chez danisse

Thanks. I'll use a little sugar.

ATG117

Cutting all ingredients in half is fine, though you're cooking time will change. Getting rid of sugar will change the structure, texture, moistness, and taste. I would't recommend it.