cooked down berries

I defrosted some frozen mixed berries, heated them through, and reduced the liquid. I needed a quick impromptu dessert and was initially thinking of baking some puff pastry, spreading it with ricotta, and topping it with the berries. But a friend ended up bringing dessert, and now i'm wondering, what other ideas are out there.

asked by ATG117 almost 4 years ago

Meaghan F

Ice cream or yogurt mix-in? Sangria? Cocktails? The most recent Food52 contest was for berry recipes, maybe you could browse through the submissions for inspiration.

Smoothie! Or mix with syrup (or not) for pancake or waffle topping. You could also blend them into BBQ sauce for a twist. Or blend them into a margarita and call it a day!

Liza's Kitchen NYC

I made a wonderful tart this weekend using the crust from this recipe I posted: https://food52.com/recipes..., putting it in a tart pan (like a regular tart pastry) and then filling it with candied cherries, then adding some of the crumbled crust on top. You could candy the frozen berries a little and do the same thing. Turned out AMAZING!

Liza's Kitchen NYC

Here is a (not so professional) photo of a mini one I did.