🔕 🔔

cooked down berries

I defrosted some frozen mixed berries, heated them through, and reduced the liquid. I needed a quick impromptu dessert and was initially thinking of baking some puff pastry, spreading it with ricotta, and topping it with the berries. But a friend ended up bringing dessert, and now i'm wondering, what other ideas are out there.

asked by ATG117 over 3 years ago

84e04bee 8fc8 4bdc 8199 701c1af83294  image

Ice cream or yogurt mix-in? Sangria? Cocktails? The most recent Food52 contest was for berry recipes, maybe you could browse through the submissions for inspiration.

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

Smoothie! Or mix with syrup (or not) for pancake or waffle topping. You could also blend them into BBQ sauce for a twist. Or blend them into a margarita and call it a day!

F3fdbabe d72e 44f9 919d eecf03b7e10e  liza skitchenlogo

I made a wonderful tart this weekend using the crust from this recipe I posted: https://food52.com/recipes..., putting it in a tart pan (like a regular tart pastry) and then filling it with candied cherries, then adding some of the crumbled crust on top. You could candy the frozen berries a little and do the same thing. Turned out AMAZING!

Here is a (not so professional) photo of a mini one I did.

3903006c 0c3e 40a1 8516 7e408f2bf13d  cherry crumb tart