can I use canned pie filling when making bread?

I have several cans of pie fillings that are about to expire and I thought I would make some fruit breads with them. can I use them?

asked by Patsy0109 about 4 years ago

You can probably make a swirled bread. Roll bread dough into a rectangle-ish shape, pie filling over dough, roll up into a cylinder, then transfer into a loaf pan, tucking the ends in.

Or you can make a coffee cake like this one, http://easteuropeanfood.about.com/od/crossculturaldesserts/r/Easy-No-yeast-Fruit-Coffee-Cake-Recipe.htm

In addition to HalfPint ideas, you can use canned pumpkin instead of zucchini or banana in a quick bread. If you're talking sugary fruit filling (apple, cherry, etc) you could use it to make a kind of topping for bread or simple cake.

Liza's Kitchen NYC

Sure, why not? You could make stuffed challah using a recipe like this: http://www.reformjudaism.org/jewish-life/food-recipes/cinnamon-apple-stuffed-challah - except you could sub out whatever fruit you have. I'd just recommend draining a bit of the liquid out first.

Patsy0109

Thank you for your ideas, I will try one today and let you know how it turns out.