🔕 🔔

How should I make my tamale masa?

I'm filling the baby up with a coconut chicken curry stuffing and wrapping it up in a banana leaf. Should I prepare the dough with a regular masa recipe or no? All inputs are greatly appreciated.

asked by Maricela about 3 years ago

48361945 4c0d 4900 a4fb fead7055d98f  stringio

I can see no reason why you would not use a regular preparation. You may find that a very wet curry is too much liquid and may soak into the masa?? So you may want to experiment with it first before making the entire batch.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

This might be a good starting point. If you don't make masa a lot from the flour, this calls for fresh corn.
https://www.youtube.com...