How should I make my tamale masa?

I'm filling the baby up with a coconut chicken curry stuffing and wrapping it up in a banana leaf. Should I prepare the dough with a regular masa recipe or no? All inputs are greatly appreciated.

asked by Maricela about 4 years ago

mickle

I can see no reason why you would not use a regular preparation. You may find that a very wet curry is too much liquid and may soak into the masa?? So you may want to experiment with it first before making the entire batch.

This might be a good starting point. If you don't make masa a lot from the flour, this calls for fresh corn.
https://www.youtube.com...