I need a sauce to I over hotdogs and waffles!! Nutella? Maple? Help!!!

Sauce help waffles dogs hotdog

asked by Noah Truwit over 3 years ago

Noah Truwit

Crisis please!!!

Could you use sausages instead of hot dogs? Then just use maple syrup.

Are you serving hot dogs and waffles on the same plate? In a hot dog bun or is the waffle being turned into a bun? More info please! :-)

He's cooking for 400 and it's just he and his dad and 3 waffle irons. As of last night, they had made 200 of the waffles. I think the waffles are the buns, but I could be wrong.

Noah, weren't you originally looking for a savory sauce? Or are the waffles dessert?

I just googled waffle dogs. I didn't realize they were a thing. The original recipe in Hawaii calls for maple syrup in the batter and served with ketchup and mustard. So..how about a sauce made with ketchup, mustard and a little maple syrup.

Noah Truwit

Turned out very well! Maple syrup, mustard, Nutella combo worked very well! I also added a s'mores waffle which was a hit. Feeling tired now. Thanks!

Nice job Noah...and Noah's Dad.

nutcakes

I think a honey mustard sauce would be good, like a traditional ham sauce. The only ones I know use eggs, so I don't know if that will work for you.