🔕 🔔

Geoduck - extra meat, how to store?

Anyway, long story short, someone dropped off a geoduck today and I cooked up a bunch of it like he said (cut away from shell, blanch, skin, slice, pound, fry lightly in garlic butter). It's AMAZING!

Only now we have about half of it left, not sliced or fried. How do I store this? The guy said DON't FREEZE with great emphasis, and something about vinegar. But due to his strong accent, I really didn't understand what to do.

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

asked almost 3 years ago

Sure they can be frozen. You just can't freeze them in the shell. The best way to do it would be to portion how you want them, freeze on a flat surface and then pop into a bag. I don't know about the vinegar thing.

94ff4163 13ec 407a a53b 792c87641e55  fsm
trampledbygeese

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

I just stuck the extra meat in an container in the fridge. How shall I cook it today? I'm thinking that semi-raw is not day-two way to server shell fish. Maybe soup?

I would feel comfortable eating it in a ceviche or sauteed in olive oil on day 2. My favorite is as sushi on day one. Cooking Channel posted a geoduck chowder from Walrus and The Carpenter in Seattle. I haven't made it, but I have eaten it in the restaurant and it's nirvana.