🔕 🔔

6cb49ef7 38b5 4eb6 aae4 04078f60ca73  how to make a custard part 1
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

I can't see the recipe but my guess is that the adjective "soft" indicates the cookie is more like a cake, or perhaps even a quick bread, so liquid fat of most any kind would probably be fine. Just remember that melted butter has some water in it, and vegetable oil does not. You might want to use a nice olive oil for flavor, but if really want to use butter - have a go - I think they'll still be soft, and delicious.