Help Basil! I'm trying to roll my corn tortillas and they're breaking!

Urgent!

asked by GG almost 4 years ago

It sounds like the tortillas may be dry. You can soften them by dipping them in sauce or in the microwave for a short time wrapped in a damp tea towel or paper towels or dipping them quickly through hot oil.

weshook

Just saw this, sometimes heating each one on a dry skillet or griddle will help. When I make enchiladas I fry each tortilla briefly in hot oil (about 10 to 20 seconds) before dipping them in sauce, filling and rolling them.

ATG117

what does it mean when you mention basil?