🔕 🔔

A question about Pasta Al Forno with Pumpkin and Pancetta: any tips for baking GF pasta?

I'd like to make this for dinner tonight. My wife has celiac, so GF pasta is a must. Thanks!

asked by The Principal Cook about 3 years ago

1e4d7b52 fd4f 4798 ae19 d0f715768358  ry 400

Since Merrill notes that the trick is cooking the pasta only 5 minutes, I'd cook GF pasta even slightly under that. I find that the main issue with GF pasta is that it falls apart more easily, so just be very gentle when folding it all together. My favorite GF pasta is Ancient Harvest quinoa shells -- holds shape nicely and retains good texture. I'd cook it for maybe 4 minutes.

2952b175 586d 4f22 a09b 32145fae8cf2  beijing hotpot

My experience exactly. I'm using a brown rice pasta. I'll try that. Thanks!