why is creame fraiche healthier than double cream?

asked by @geofreejames almost 8 years ago

nutcakes

Please just ask once. The answers come from Food52.com site members who are likely busy on this day. Who says it is healthier? Compare the fat content. The one with the least fat is the healthier one.

Food52
Food52

This is from your friendly editors at Food52.

Sorry all -- a glitch in our system caused the multiple postings. @geofreejames did ask just once.

Either one in moderation won't hurt you! I've never heard of anyone saying creme fraiche is "healthier" than cream -- it's really more about flavor preference.

usuba dashi

There is a school of thought that cultured food are better for you. . . . creme fraiche. Other than that . . . .

Probiotics?

usuba dashi

The "good bugs" that are used to ferment the milk. Yes they are probiotics in a sense, but more good bacteria, or starter cultures, used in so many foods, like sauerkraut, salami, yogart, cheese, and many other foods. Possibly the oldest form of preservation is fermentation.