🔕 🔔

Shelf life of Deli Meat

Last Saturday I purchased a 1/2# of Boars Head Rosemary Ham, of course the deli person oversliced so I took the whole pound thinking I would freeze it when I got home. Well, I did not freeze it. I tasted it today and it seems fine but not sure what the shelf life of sliced ham is. It is wrapped in the deli plastic and in a plastic bag. Is it safe? And if it is can I still freeze it?

asked by Lucia from Madison almost 3 years ago

82bc15be d3cf 410a 9b82 665e7b26bd26  1081
Stephanie Bourgeois

Stephanie is the Head Recipe Tester of Food52.

This chart from foodsafety.gov recommends keeping opened deli meat for three to five days -- http://www.foodsafety.gov....

27deb974 3b33 4f19 b966 dc79321a31b1  photo for web

Thank you! Just the info needed. Hope you have a wonderful day!