duck stock

I have two quarts of frozen duck stock. I usually make a wine-enriched mushroom consomme for Thanksgiving, using veal stock. Would the duck stock work in place of the veal stock? Do I have enough (6 guests)?

asked about 4 years ago

Liza's Kitchen NYC

Sounds delicious! Yes, I'm sure it would work. You need about a cup of liquid per person for an appetizer, so you should have enough as long as not too much evaporates when reheating.

ChezHenry

Yes. I use Duck stock as a base for lamb and other game. I find it stronger than veal stock-perhaps you can dilute it a bit with water or Chicken stock.