Last day! Take 20% off $150+ with code GOGOGIFTS. Go grant some wishes » details
Enter code GOGOGIFTS at checkout. Offer valid through 11:59pm ET 12/11/16. U.S. only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
🔕 🔔

When I serve bouillabaisse with rouille and grilled bread how do i serve it?

Do you out the rouble individually on the breads dip in the broth!

asked by Josephine almost 2 years ago

Differs by the place. some serve the broth separately from the fish - more as a first course. I always serve the rouille in a bowl and the croutes in a basket and let the diners help themselves. Otherwise the croutes get soggy.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

I would serve the Bouillabaisse in bowls with the toasted bread and Rouille on the side.

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

The La Charte de la Bouillabaisse Marseillaise (Fish Stew Charter--yes, there is one!) allows some discretion in overall service, generally serving cutting up the fish in front of the guests, so that they can see what went into it. The broth and fish are served separately but may go in one bowl. And yes, as others have said the croutes and rouille go on the side.

The Charter has a whole lot of other rules too, mostly dealing with the kinds of fish and shellfish required or permitted and other ingredients. It's kind of a hoot, if you want to check it out.