When I serve bouillabaisse with rouille and grilled bread how do i serve it?

Do you out the rouble individually on the breads dip in the broth!

ChefJune January 25, 2015

Differs by the place. some serve the broth separately from the fish - more as a first course. I always serve the rouille in a bowl and the croutes in a basket and let the diners help themselves. Otherwise the croutes get soggy.

sexyLAMBCHOPx January 25, 2015

I would serve the Bouillabaisse in bowls with the toasted bread and Rouille on the side.

Greenstuff January 25, 2015

The La Charte de la Bouillabaisse Marseillaise (Fish Stew Charter--yes, there is one!) allows some discretion in overall service, generally serving cutting up the fish in front of the guests, so that they can see what went into it. The broth and fish are served separately but may go in one bowl. And yes, as others have said the croutes and rouille go on the side.

The Charter has a whole lot of other rules too, mostly dealing with the kinds of fish and shellfish required or permitted and other ingredients. It's kind of a hoot, if you want to check it out.