In browsing the fridge last night, I discovered three unpeeled hard-boiled eggs that I believe have been there about three weeks. I recall boiling them and refrigerating them in fairly short order when I decided not to cook something that called for them. At this point -- keep and use them, or toss them?

asked by Kayb over 7 years ago

SpecialSka

Eggs usually have a way of letting you know they're no good. I figure that 3 weeks in the the fridge has not improved them, even if they are still safe to eat, so I'd toss 'em and start over.

usuba dashi

Toss them. Once you cook the egg you have destroyed the inner membrane allowing bacteria to get in through the porous shell.

SpecialSka

Timely post: http://www.fsis.usda.gov...

Kayb

Thanks, friends. That confirms what I thought. Out they go!