🔕 🔔

In browsing the fridge last night, I discovered three unpeeled hard-boiled eggs that I believe have been there about three weeks. I recall boiling them and refrigerating them in fairly short order when I decided not to cook something that called for them. At this point -- keep and use them, or toss them?

asked by Kayb almost 7 years ago

Eggs usually have a way of letting you know they're no good. I figure that 3 weeks in the the fridge has not improved them, even if they are still safe to eat, so I'd toss 'em and start over.

9b94e94b 0205 4f2c bb79 1845dcd6f7d6  uruguay2010 61

Toss them. Once you cook the egg you have destroyed the inner membrane allowing bacteria to get in through the porous shell.

Timely post: http://www.fsis.usda.gov...

B0f2c3df 9bf7 43fc 8544 eb75ba85a60e  kay at lake

Thanks, friends. That confirms what I thought. Out they go!