🔕 🔔

Your favorite commercial frozen Italian meatballs?

I found a recipe for my slow cooker - Spaghetti Squash & Meatballs in a Slow Cooker.
The recipe itself is quite good. But the meatballs I've been able to find are just down right nasty.
Now I know I can make meatballs myself and freeze them but right now I'm just looking for really good frozen ones.

asked by Lianna Mills almost 3 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

None. It's not hard to make your own and freeze them. These are both great:
https://food52.com/recipes...
https://food52.com/recipes...

Thank you so much drbabs!
I make really good meatballs. That's not really my issue.
I thought maybe someone here had a secret source for good pre-made frozen ones.

Got it. I actually replied before I read that in your original question. Sorry.

9222c532 27a1 4ba1 88e4 001b7bd829f8  image

I love to make my own meatballs, but I hear you on the fact that sometimes you just don't have time (or you've run out of your stock of homemade ones in the freezer). We really like the Trader Joe's frozen beef meatballs. They come in a blue bag. And, while you're there, we also really like TJ's tomato basil sauce -- and it's super cheap. Same deal goes for sauce, I typically make my own, but there are those days when that's just not going to happen!