Your favorite commercial frozen Italian meatballs?

I found a recipe for my slow cooker - Spaghetti Squash & Meatballs in a Slow Cooker.
The recipe itself is quite good. But the meatballs I've been able to find are just down right nasty.
Now I know I can make meatballs myself and freeze them but right now I'm just looking for really good frozen ones.

asked by Lianna Mills over 3 years ago

None. It's not hard to make your own and freeze them. These are both great:
https://food52.com/recipes...
https://food52.com/recipes...

Lianna Mills

Thank you so much drbabs!
I make really good meatballs. That's not really my issue.
I thought maybe someone here had a secret source for good pre-made frozen ones.

Got it. I actually replied before I read that in your original question. Sorry.

keg72

I love to make my own meatballs, but I hear you on the fact that sometimes you just don't have time (or you've run out of your stock of homemade ones in the freezer). We really like the Trader Joe's frozen beef meatballs. They come in a blue bag. And, while you're there, we also really like TJ's tomato basil sauce -- and it's super cheap. Same deal goes for sauce, I typically make my own, but there are those days when that's just not going to happen!

The $1.89 Lunch Our Editor-in-Chief Swears By

Chickpeas to the Rescue

Curried Chickpea Sandwich

You can count the ingredients on one hand.

Simplest Homemade Doughnuts

Meatballs lend comfort on one family's journey from Mexico.

My Family Recipe: Mexican Meatballs

What's New in the Neighborhood

From weeknight favorites to regional classics.

12 Essential Italian Cookbooks