🔕 🔔

What's a good meal that makes easy-to-repurpose leftovers?

My boyfriend's mother had surgery and she is the primary cook in the family. I want to make them something that will create cook leftovers so she doesn't have to worry about dinner for a few nights. I already made soup and lasagna. Any ideas?

asked by Diana about 3 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

Chili, roast chicken, meatballs, beef stew are all things that can be made in larger quantities and last over several days

F1b191d2 7692 4709 b595 c9ad6c879ac3  flag1

Roast chicken comes to mind, the left overs can be repurposed into chicken salad, chicken tacos or chicken and rice.

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

Another vote for roast chicken. Chicken curry, chicken pot pie (especially if you roast vegetables with the chicken - you can dice leftover veggies to repurpose in the pot pie), chicken sandwiches.

Not so much a meal, but a heap of roasted vegetables can be repurposed into veg couscous, fritattas/omelettes, salads, side dishes, pastas, etc.

A pot of black beans can be used to make refried beans, burritos, soup, salads, etc.