What's a good meal that makes easy-to-repurpose leftovers?

My boyfriend's mother had surgery and she is the primary cook in the family. I want to make them something that will create cook leftovers so she doesn't have to worry about dinner for a few nights. I already made soup and lasagna. Any ideas?

asked by Diana over 3 years ago

Chili, roast chicken, meatballs, beef stew are all things that can be made in larger quantities and last over several days

Fat Tony

Roast chicken comes to mind, the left overs can be repurposed into chicken salad, chicken tacos or chicken and rice.

Bevi

Another vote for roast chicken. Chicken curry, chicken pot pie (especially if you roast vegetables with the chicken - you can dice leftover veggies to repurpose in the pot pie), chicken sandwiches.

passifloraedulis

Not so much a meal, but a heap of roasted vegetables can be repurposed into veg couscous, fritattas/omelettes, salads, side dishes, pastas, etc.

A pot of black beans can be used to make refried beans, burritos, soup, salads, etc.