🔕 🔔

Post-surgical cooking hacks

I will be in a sling for about four weeks while my left shoulder recuperates from surgery. I am right handed. I do most of the planning and cooking for our family (2-3 people). Any suggestions for easy, nutritious, mostly warm (and primarily vegetarian) lunches (for me) and dinners (for us)? I will have some support from my husband for one meal a day.
Thank you!

asked by breakbread about 1 month ago

22fd5949 f671 4eca 9819 de5858b39390  img 7382

added about 1 month ago

Slow cooker and one pan meals. Check out the new contest entries. Lots of great ideas. Good luck and warm wishes for a speedy recovery. BB💐

added about 1 month ago

Cook in smaller quantities and pots, so you can lift easily with on arm.

added about 1 month ago

remember that you can go to your local supermarket salad bar to get chopped onions, celery etc.

3299dd0b a953 46f5 8a98 a0241f3b893a  256
MMH
added about 1 month ago

Make some really good chicken stock & freeze it in 2 cup portions. You now have the base for your favorite soups which you can make ahead and freeze and reheat easily.