What are you favorite bar cookies?

I would love recipe links if you have them.

asked by Sadassa_Ulna over 3 years ago

Windischgirl

My co-workers love my Cranberry Crumble Bars; it's based on a recipe from "One Smart Cookie" by Julie Van Rosendal. I always make them on Black Friday! Essentially, it's a shortbread crust with some of the dough reserved. I top the par baked crust with leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving and top it with the reserved dough like a streusel. I'll post the recipe in a few!
Myself, I love a good lemon bar. My fav is the one from "Tartine" by Chad Robertson. And on Epicurious, there's a fab recipe for lime bars with a coconut crust. My mouth is watering at the thought...

JulieS

My go to is always from Maida Heatter's Brand New Book of Great Cookies: the Pecan Passion are too die for and her Palm Beach Brownies (minus the walnuts for me) make me swoon!

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

I just want to give a shout out to Ben Mim's Grapefruit Bars w Blackberry Swirl from "Sweet and Southern". The pastry is tender and the fling is fragrant and surprising, because your tongue expects lemon. :))

The Cook's Illustrated Congo Bars -- a variation on their blondies: https://food52.com/recipes...
Add 1 1/2 cups toasted unsweetened shredded coconut (let it get nicely golden) to the recipe with the chocolate chips and nuts.

Melanie,Sodini

I love the peanut butter and jelly bars from the Barefoot Contessa cookbook by Ina Garten. It's a peanut butter shortbread and absolutely amazing.