Last day! Take 20% off $150+ with code GOGOGIFTS. Go grant some wishes » details
Enter code GOGOGIFTS at checkout. Offer valid through 11:59pm ET 12/11/16. U.S. only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
🔕 🔔

Cooking classes

I will be traveling for about six weeks in Italy and France. I'd love to take a (one-day, maybe two-day) cooking class here or there. Thoughts on cooking classes in: Rome? Perugia? Umbria (more broadly)? Sardinia? Provence? (In Provence, we'll be centered near Menerbes, but will have a car.)

asked by Jennifer over 1 year ago
499c50e4 a18f 41c4 873f 67273f62ea7e  stringio

Hey Jennifer -- Lyon is considered the culinary capital of France... If you have time to make it down to the town of Paul Bocuse for a couple of days, it's absolutely beautiful and you'll LOVE taking a class at Plum Lyon Teaching Kitchen. That and a Proscuitto/Parmigiano-Reggiano/Balsamic Vinegar food tour in Bologna were my two favorite food experiences while traveling in those two countries. Hope this helps! - Jess

I will second Jess' suggestion of a class with the fabulously talented Lucy Vanel at Plum Lyon. www.plumlyon.com It is worth planning a trip to Lyon for. In St. Rémy de Provence, Nito Carpita gives great classes at Seasons of Provence Cooking School (www.mascornud.com).

Fcaa4742 0e55 410a 91e6 e3be623d57df  stringio

Hi Jennifer, I have my cooking school at Poggio Etrusco in Montepulciano. My emphasis is on traditional and regional Italian cooking. I've written several cookbooks on the subject. If you let me know where else in Italy you will be, I can make some other good recommendations for you. Pamela Sheldon Johns

This isn't quite a cooking class, but it is a food experience:
http://www.homefood.it...