🔕 🔔

Care and keeping of marble pastry boards

We just got a marble pastry board for cold dough/chocolate work at home, and I want to see if there are any special care instructions. The box didn't come with any beyond "hand wash". Should we avoid using soap? spray-cleaners? Is it 'rag and water only' or are they fairly hearty?

asked by PhillipBrandon over 2 years ago

They are very hardy. I have two that I've used for 30 years, and they are my truest workhorses. No special care or tending is necessary beyond hand washing. Clearly, you'll handle it carefully and avoid dropping it. The more you use it, the greater character it will take on. Enjoy it. Great investment.