🔕 🔔

recommendations for a pasta machine?

thinking about getting a pasta machine and wondering if i can get away with something for less than $50, as I don't see myself using it a ton but would still like to give it a try. do you all have any suggestions for what I should buy? thanks!

asked by jakestavis over 2 years ago

1e4d7b52 fd4f 4798 ae19 d0f715768358  ry 400

I have the Imperia which is $80, so a little more than you're looking for but definitely not too pricey. I love it, and my mom has had the same one for over 30 years: It holds up well and is really easy to use (http://www.williams-sonoma...)

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I also have Imperia ($80) and it has served me well... It does require manual work (as will any old-fashioned pasta machine), so be prepared. My friend has the pasta-making Kitchen Aid attachment and he swears by it.

While the KitchenAid does a fine job of rolling out dough, the cutters on the old hand cranked machines are way more useful.

84e04bee 8fc8 4bdc 8199 701c1af83294  image

My mom gave me her old pasta maker, no idea what brand but it looks similar to the Imperial. I would never have bought one because I didn't think I'd ever use it - but now, making fresh pasta (I freeze most of it) has become one of my favorite "rainy weekend" activities.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

I would buy one from an Italian deli and ask their opinion.

F1b191d2 7692 4709 b595 c9ad6c879ac3  flag1

I've become a fan of the KitchenAid attachment, having the rollers driven by the motor makes handling much easier than an manual crank machine.