recommendations for a pasta machine?

thinking about getting a pasta machine and wondering if i can get away with something for less than $50, as I don't see myself using it a ton but would still like to give it a try. do you all have any suggestions for what I should buy? thanks!

asked by jakestavis about 3 years ago

Posie (Harwood) Brien

I have the Imperia which is $80, so a little more than you're looking for but definitely not too pricey. I love it, and my mom has had the same one for over 30 years: It holds up well and is really easy to use (http://www.williams-sonoma...)

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I also have Imperia ($80) and it has served me well... It does require manual work (as will any old-fashioned pasta machine), so be prepared. My friend has the pasta-making Kitchen Aid attachment and he swears by it.

While the KitchenAid does a fine job of rolling out dough, the cutters on the old hand cranked machines are way more useful.

Meaghan F

My mom gave me her old pasta maker, no idea what brand but it looks similar to the Imperial. I would never have bought one because I didn't think I'd ever use it - but now, making fresh pasta (I freeze most of it) has become one of my favorite "rainy weekend" activities.

bigpan

I would buy one from an Italian deli and ask their opinion.

Fat Tony

I've become a fan of the KitchenAid attachment, having the rollers driven by the motor makes handling much easier than an manual crank machine.