What Sort of Pasta dish is this?

So there is a spaghetti like pasta dish, possibly a recipe with Bucantini pasta, but I just don't have a recipe or even know what it is called. I have seen it in films before, but it looks delicious. It is a sort of thick pasta that seems to have been simmered in tomato/marinara sauce, so that the pasta has absorbed the sauce and is dry. Does anyone have a recipe or can tell me how you prepare it?

The main characteristic is that the pasta is dry, but has a marinara sauce absorbed into it. Is it just a matter of using very little sauce and simmering the pasta in a skillet?

Does anyone know what I am talking about or have a recipe even?

Thank you so much! This has been on my mind forever, just never got around to ask.

asked by Kristi Choi over 3 years ago

mickle

I think you may be thinking of pici pasta--it is handmade pasta without egg & rolled like a thick spaghetti; I had it with a light amount of red sauce in Orvieto in Italy; however, it originated in Siena. It is most often served in a bread crumb/garlic sauce. By its rougher surface; it is a dryer pasta because it absorbs more of the sauce.

Kristi Choi

No...its not that thick. Its just a simple dish made with common pasta

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

The first thing that comes to mind when you say pasta cooked in the sauce is fideos. Its a Spanish dish that uses pasta that has been toasted and then simmered in a tomato based sauce. Its often drier than most pasta dishes due to the starches released by the pasta.

Try emailing Emiko Davies, Food52's resident authority on regional Italian foods. Cut & paste your question, click on send Emiko a message (the envelope under her blog address) and maybe she'll know. Here's her member Food52 link: https://food52.com/users...

Do any of these images look like the pasta dish? https://www.google.com...

Could it be Bucatini a’ll Amatriciana?