I'm making chia seed pudding and like the consistent of coconut milk but hate the trans fats. Is there a good substitute?

I've tried 1% milk but think the end result is too thin.

asked by andrea over 3 years ago

Coconut milk (the good stuff in the can that contains coconut and that's it) contains healthy saturated fats, but no trans fats.

Garlic Fiend

There are reduced fat coconut milk out there, but I don't think the consistency will be the same, however it will be better than 1% milk. Frankly, if I'm making a dessert, unless I prefer the flavor of a lower calorie version, I go all out. I will just exercise more that week :)

Emily Love

I make chia seed pudding with almond milk and it's delicious! not sure if you would like the consistency if you didn't like 1% milk, but couldn't hurt to try?