Kale chips -- nutritional value?

Does baking kale into kale chips destroy all that good nutrition in kale?

asked by Andrea over 3 years ago

witloof

I don't know the definitive answer, but I can't imagine that it would harm the nutritional value any more than sautéing or steaming it.

I think the difference is very insignificant.

Garlic Fiend

It cannot possibly be worse than kale that has been stewed to death...

Zoe Borenstein

It depends on how the kale chips are made. If you use a dehydrator, it will not detract any nutritional value, but baking them in a hot oven will. I'd say that it is not a significant difference to eating raw kale, considering that our stomachs cannot completely break down the raw roughage and extract every single vitamin and mineral. Any kale is good for you!