🔕 🔔

Speedy softening of butter for creaming w/sugar = how long in microwave?

asked by @janiejaner almost 7 years ago

648c171e 3aee 4541 966b 82267972df8f  bri

Depending on the strength of the microwave, I'd start out at 20 seconds and check the butter. Normally the butter will start to melt before completely soft, so I opt for underdone rather than too melted, using the heat from creaming to melt the rest.

About 17 seconds but that's my microwave.

I run my microwave at med heat in 10 second intervals.

I do 5 second intervals and touch it each time. I stop early, when it can be lightly squeezed. The melting point comes soon.

3be52660 e1df 4517 91fd c0d0a5b3d477  frenchbluestyle

Thanks, all...20 seconds did the trick and cookies are in the oven!

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I don't like to use the microwave for softening butter, because it doesn't seem to soften evenly. I take my refrigerated butter and grate it with the large holes on a box grater. It softens pretty quickly this way.