Needing a corn starch replacement being used as not a thickener but for lowering moisture content, any suggestions?

I use corn starch to keep marshmallows dry but I need a replacement, can't be potato either. Help!

asked by fivehens over 3 years ago

How about tapioca starch?

jessicamclement

i use arrow root (powdered...) when i do homemade cake flour in place of cornstarch and it works very well! it could work here?

trampledbygeese
trampledbygeese

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

For marshmallows, I've tried arrowroot powder, cocoa powder (personal favorite), and ...oh, what's that other starch? Susan's got it, tapioca starch. In a pinch I tried rice flower, and it worked okay. Icing sugar also works, but makes the dish sweeter.