Grant their wishes: 20% off $150+ with code GOGOGIFTS. Go, go, gifts » details
Enter code GOGOGIFTS at checkout. Offer valid through 11:59pm ET 12/11/16. U.S. only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
🔕 🔔

hi i am looking for a refrence to learn how to use food additives and preservatives i want to sell sauces with a longer shelf life know of a book?

hi i am looking for a refrence to learn how to use food additives and preservatives i want to sell sauces and dips with a longer shelf life know of a book that has clear instructions on amounts and what would be the correct preservatives for different products?

asked by Moshe Stefansky over 1 year ago
B4bc6908 7b18 43a7 833d 4d13a2bbf73b  open uri20140812 10260 181ux9o

Moshe - You will need to do a few things to determine this. Different countries, and even sometimes states (if US) have rules and restrictions on the preservatives and additives you can use in food based items.

Determining where you want to sell, I would recommend looking into those laws surrounding food preserving.

Not knowing the kinds of sauces you are looking to preserve longer, I am hesitant to provide more information on the topic. Some products can store for years with natural canning and pasteurization, while others will require increased salt or oils, and in other cases, oxygen reduction and nitrogen supplementation.