🔕 🔔

Replacement for cheez whiz?

Making a potato casserole that calls for cheez whiz. I'd rather not! Any ideas?

asked by missb503 almost 3 years ago

Add sharp cheddar (I think that's the flavor of cheez wiz) to a roux for the sauce, as you would for mac and cheese.

Here's a homemade, healthier, and more than likely tastier version that I think would work nicely. You can probably skip the "cool for an hour" step. You also can use any gelatin that is available to you.

Oops..here's the link.

http://nourishingjoy.com...

Cav
Cav

Honestly, if faced with a recipe that called for cheez whiz, I'd be looking to replace the whole recipe, not just the aerosol cheese thing.

dotparker

Poison... Don't have to be fussy about it; any kind will do... No joke.