🔕 🔔

Richard Olney's Fresh Fig Salad

This is a GREAT genius recipe. Does anyone know if you can make the lemon cream in advance?

asked by EG1231 about 2 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Yes! It will hold well in the fridge. On a similar recipe (the recent chilled asparagus soup with lemon cream), I noticed that the cream firmed up a lot after time in the fridge, but then loosened as soon as I stirred it. I can't explain why! But thought I'd mention, just in case this happens to you.

3f231295 4eeb 477c 85c2 eec84c5daf7f  open uri20141019 23101 8zlcjj

Thank you, Kristen. I'll make this in advance, and stir it before serving. (Dinner party planning.) I can't believe you replied! Legend.