A question about a recipe: American Flag Cake

168cfe9e 83d6 4351 bf98 90f20c8b576b  flag cake contedxt

I have a question about the recipe "American Flag Cake" from erinmcdowell. Does the 4 sticks of butter refer to 1/2 cup sticks or 1 cup sticks?

asked by Isobel over 3 years ago

Each stick would be 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup or 4oz. To make the frosting you would need 1 pound of butter

Isobel

Thanks!!!

sonya

It looks like it has since been updated, but just to add, I've never seen a recipe where a stick of butter was a 1 cup stick. It's always been 1 stick = 1/2 cup = 8 Tablespoons, and I've probably made about 1,000 dessert recipes. So that would be the most likely thing that the author meant :)