🔕 🔔

What's the best pizza in manhattan south of 14th St?

asked by XXX-XXX-5333 over 6 years ago

You might get some answers when more members are around. But foodpickle is for cooks with last minute questions in the kitchen. Please feel free to use it when you have a kitchen emergency or are just stumped.

34b35e7d 9f0b 412e bbb2 00e0498f86d5  2016 10 06 19 40 38

"Best" is quite relative :) We always liked John's of Bleecker at 278 Bleecker Street, between 6th and 7th Avenues. I'd direct you to Una Pizza Napoletana, which had probably the best pies in town, but Anthony Mangieri picked up and moved his shop to San Francisco.

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

I'm more of a Brooklyn girl, where I would recommend Frannies.

there is Lombardis downtown (i believe its on mott), or Rays on 11th Street and 6th Ave for a quick slice. Also, i'm a fan of patsy's on 10th street and university place.

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

Una Pizza Napoletana was indeed by far the best. I believe Motorino has taken over the shop so I'd give that a chance. I have to say I'm not a big fan of most New York style pizzas, including John's which I think is way overrated. A bit north of 14th, Pizza Fresca in the Flatiron area used to be top notch, but I haven't been there in awhile.

3a07161a c04e 4fa1 b28d 18a97a109314  img 7662

By the Slice try Joes on 6th & bleeker

Keste on Bleecker is by far the best pizza I've had in New York City -- south of 14th or otherwise. Motorino on the Lower East Side is also delicious.
http://kestepizzeria.com/ authentic Neapolitan
http://www.motorinopizza...