Spring, meet grill pan—on sale for $99! Shop now »

How long can you safely leave s rack of spare ribs in the fridge soaking in a rub bath?

I had planned on grilling ribs last Sunday so I rubbed them down Saturday the 12th the use by date is the 27th. Can I still grill them. I've never left anything this long before but do to unexpected circumstances I have not had a chance to cook them.

asked by yo over 1 year ago
B060878a 30a3 4de6 b178 d626ffef0fe8  img 1470

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

Sure! I've left meat, uncovered, in the fridge before for a week. I dry age a prime rib every year for Christmas....its a 7 day process. I don't know what you mean by "rub bath", but if they're in liquid, I would get them out and pat them off. If your rub has salt in it, I would rinse it off. You could then reapply a rub without salt, or just cook them as is. I think there would be enough flavor penetration. Let us know!